The real beginnings of the Sacred Heart Parish may be said to date back to the Spanish times when it was a mere platformed altar on a 7×7 square meter “Visita” which was used for all Church-related activities in the place.
In 1948, the Barangay officials headed by Roman Gregorio decided to use the place for the “Pabasa” during the Lenten Season and the Santacruzan activities in May. The years 1951, 1954, 1972, 1980, and 1992 saw the little Visita renovated to make it bigger and more presentable. One by one different movements, like the Cursillos de Christianidad, the Apostolate of Prayer, the Lamb of God, and El Shaddai, were born.
On November 9, 1995, His Eminence Jaime Cardinal Sin joined three large communities—The Chapel of Our Lady of Lourdes of Kaybiga, which was then under the Christ the King Parish in BF Homes, Caloocan City together with Muling Pagkabuhay Chapel of Bagbaguin and Our Lady of Good Voyage Chapel of Vista Verde Subdivision–to become the Parish of Sacred Heart. Established on October 1, 1995, it was inaugurated on November 5, 1995 with Rev. Fr. Glenn V. Orocio as the first Parish Priest.
Under Fr. Glenn, the adjacent house and lot of the Church were bought through a loan from the Archdiocese of Manila. The house became the Parish office and rectory. The basic organizational structure of the Parish started to take shape.
When Fr. Francis R. Siguan, Jr. was installed as the second Parish Priest on March 23, 1997, the construction of a bigger Church was considered and planned. Fund-raising activities were then held.
Fr. June de Peralta assumed office as the third Parish Priest in May 2000 and embarked on realizing the construction of the new Church. The tearing down of the old Church started in April 2001. By December 15, 2001, the basic structure of the new Church with a floor area of about 750 square meters was ready for the Simbang Gabi.
The completion of the new Church and Pastoral Hall was supervised by the 4th Parish Priest Rev Fr. Rudy Tulibas. In March 2009 during the time of Fr. Christopher Santos, the Parish Rectory was built. The Sacred Heart Parish currently has two Chapels: the Muling Pagkabuhay in Bagbaguin and the Our Lady of Good Voyage in Villa Verde Subdivision. Its feast day is the 1st Sunday of June. Currently, Fr. Melchor T. Balinggao oversees the Parish.
Vicariate: Christ the King
Preceding Pastor: Rev. Fr. Melchor T. Balinggao
Date Established: October 1, 1995
Feast Day: 1st Sunday of June
Address: 350 Gen. Luis St. , Kaybiga 1420Caloocan City
Contact Number: 937.7773 (telefax)