The Parish, located in Palmera Springs III, Palmera Springs Subdivision, Camarin, Caloocan City, was established by Bishop Antonio R. Tobias on March 27, 2005. On December 10, 2006, Bishop Tobias dedicated the Parish church and altar under the title of Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish.
The Marker is the written testimony of the collective efforts of the parishioners under the leadership and direction of Rev. Fr. Marlou V. Lemaire, its first parish priest. The church construction began on May 5, 2003 and was completed on December 10, 2006. Two Parish Priest took over afterwards: Fr. Timoteo M. Ofracio, SJ (2007) and Fr. Miguelito G. Lagrimas (2013).
Starting in 1990, Palmera Springs Subdivision was born as a community, consisting of 5 phases, in the Bukid Area (boundaries of Camarin and Bagumbong) of Caloocan City. With the innate desire to observe Sunday obligation to God Palmera residents from each phase identified areas where the celebration of Sunday masses may be held. Phase 1 put up a small makeshift chapel; Phase 2 in its own Multi-Purpose hall; Phase 3 in an unfenced basketball court; Phase 4 in its own clubhouse and Phase 5 in a makeshift chapel in its small plaza.
With the creation of the Diocese of Novaliches, Palmera Springs Subdivision became under the jurisdiction of newly created parish: St. Agnes Parish. Hence, the celebration of separate Sunday masses in the 5 different locations-cum-chapels ceased. It was in the time of Fr. Marlou V. Lemaire, St. Agnes’ second parish priest, that plans to construct a church in Palmera Springs came into being. This dream started to become a reality when an 8,000 sq. m. was acquired out of donations from generous residents of Palmera Springs.
Four months later, a makeshift church for the entire Palmera Springs was finished. In February 2001, the Palmera Springs as Christ the King (CTK) Sub-Parish was officially born. On June 3, 2001, His Eminence Jaime Cardinal Sin celebrated mass in the sub-parish.
With the growing number of parishioners, Fr. Marlou spearheaded the move to make the CTK sub-parish a full-fledged parish. Four years later, on March 27, 2005, this became a reality. CTK got a new status of being a parish. Eventually, it was named as Our Lady of Guadalupe Parish (OLGP) in honor of our Blessed Mother. Fr. Marlou became its first parish priest whose appointment took effect on April 2, 2005. He was installed on April 17, 2005 by Bishop Antonio Tobias.
Fr. Charlie Aldema became its second parish priest on June 2007. His gift to the parish was more on the pastoral side, such as the formulation of the parish vision-mission statement, creation of new ministries, and formation of BEC.
On June 2010, the third parish priest moved to OLGP in the person of Fr. Timoteo Ofrasio, SJ and assisted by guest priest Fr. Romy Gallo (June 2010-January 2012) and resident deacon Rev. Justin Morales (June 2010-April 2011). Fr. Lukas Huvang, MSF replaced Fr. Romy when he left. While Rev. Fr. Miguelito G. Lagrimas replaced Fr. Tim as Parish Priest since June 2013.
Being a liturgist, reception of sacraments became more meaningful during Fr. Tim’s term. The installation of OLGP Grounds lights, full adaptation of BEC Program of the Diocese that led to the creation of initial eight Pamayanang Kristiyano ng Parokya (PKP), the construction of OLGP Candle Shed, and the initial stage of the construction of new OLGP Formation Center also occured during Fr. Tim’s time.
|Palmera Springs III Subdivision, Susano Road , Camarin 1422 Caloocan City||Rev. Fr. Miguelito G. Lagrimas||Our Lady of Lourdes Vicariate|
|Contact Number||Feast Day||Date Established|
|962.1245 (telefax)||December 12||March 27, 2005|
|Preceding Pastor||Parish Link|
|Rev. Fr. Timoteo M. Ofracio, SJ||https://www.facebook.com/pages/Our-Lady-of-Guadalupe-Parish-Palmera-Springs/192872120730102|