The Augustinian Recollects in the Philippines used to send their theologians to Spain for theological studies. The desire of the formators to have them trained in the homefront prompted them to buy a 2-1/2 hectare lot at Mira-Nila Homes Subdivision in Tandang Sora, Quezon City. Although construction was not yet completed, seven 1st Year Recollect Theologians, 11 novices, and three priests pioneered its occupancy. The seminary was officially blessed on December 5, 1985 by the Prior Provincial Rev. Fr. Jose Antonio Calvo, OAR.
Since then, the Recollect Fathers have attended to the sacramental needs of the people in the adjoining villages. The seminary chapel was open to the public. On March 14, 1986, inspired by the clamor for a Catholic church in the area, they started the construction of one within the seminary compound under the administration and supervision of Rev. Fr. German Chicote, OAR, Vicar Provincial and Rev. Fr. Antonio Ausejo, OAR, Procurator General.
On January 10, 1987, Jaime Cardinal Sin, the Archbishop of Manila, created the Parish of Our Lady of Consolation and entrusted it under the pastoral care of the Augustinian Recollect Fathers. On February 1, 1987, Cardinal Sin officially proclaimed the establishment of the Parish as a new and separate one from the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel in Project 6. OLCP’s first Parish Priest, Rev. Fr. Samson S. Silloriquez, OAR was installed on the same day.
Our Lady of Consolation was chosen as the Patroness of the newly-established Parish because it is under this title that the Blessed Mother is venerated by the Augustinian Recollects. Aside from the main church, Sunday masses are celebrated at seven other chapels mostly in depressed areas.
The church has a two-fold service to the community: a field for apostolate and a training ground for pastoral formation. It is also the venue for religious professions and clerical ordinations of the seminarians.
After Fr. Sammy, Rev. Fr. Dionisio Q. Selma, OAR held the post of Acting Parish Priest before Rev. Fr. Pedro A. Escanillas, OAR, took over from 1994-2003. From May 2003 up to the present, the Parish has been administered by Rev. Fr. Manny A. Bolilia, OAR. The feast day of the Parish is on the first Sunday of September.
|81 Alondras St., Mira-Nila Homes, Tandang Sora, 1116 Quezon City||Rev. Fr. Gideon Antolin U. Lagrimas, OAR||San Isidro Labrador Vicariate|
|Contact Number||Feast Day||Date Established|
|931.1999 (telefax), 453.1617, 453.6360||1st Sunday of September||December 19, 1986|
|Preceding Pastor||Parish Link|
|Rev. Fr. Arnel Diaz, OAR|