Kristong Hari Parish, located at the National Government Center, Commonwealth Avenue, Quezon City, was established by the late Jaime Cardinal Sin on January 25, 1991 with Fr. George Hore as the first Parish Priest. The Catholic Community, however, was organized by the Jesuit Priest Fr. Joel Tabora in 1989 under the patronage of Christ the King. The territory of the parish includes a portion of Barangay Commonwealth and a portion of Barangay Batasan Hills.
The Parish has some 120,000 parishioners the majority of which are urban poor and informal settlers. The parish area is bounded by Commonwealth Avenue and IBP Road and includes among others the House of Representatives, Commission on Audit, and Sandigan Bayan.
When the Archdiocese of Manila was subdivided into five suffragan dioceses, Kristong Hari Parish became a part of the newly established Diocese of Novaliches in December 2002. From 1991 up to the present, the Parish has had six Parish Priests with Rev. Fr. Roland Jaluag as the most recent.
In 2009, the parish community was organized into seventeen Kawans, of which seven have been maintaining a chapel. As of 2010, five Kawans have had a regular Sunday Mass. Other Kawans only have a Sunday Mass once a month while those who are proximate to the Parish Church have a Sunday Mass only once a month. The feast day of the Parish is the Feast of Christ the King.
Vicariate: Cathedral Shrine of the Good Shepherd Vicariate
Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Roland P. Jaluag
Preceding Pastor: Rev. Fr. James D. Nitollama
Feast Day: Feast of Christ the King
Address: National Government Center, Commonwealth Avenue 1121 QC
Telefax: 932.5719, 427.8367