The Hearts of Jesus and Mary Parish which was established on June 17, 2007, is located in Area 6, Veterans Village, Holy Spirit, Quezon City which originally was an area where World War II Legionaries of the Philippines lived since 1978. The entire area was awarded by court ruling to the War Veterans and their children in 1977 but eventually private individuals sought formal rights to the property. Housing demolitions became common occurrences in the area.
To show their unity against some who were seeking rights to the property, people in the community decided to build chapels. These chapels (Immaculada Conception, Miraculous Medal, Resurrection, Fatima, and San Roque) were eventually merged in 1987 into the Immaculate Conception Sub-Parish located at the USAFFE Road.
By 2000, the Sub-Parish already had its own 3-storey building that housed the convent for the priests, parish office, and pastoral desk. It also had its own Parish Pastoral Council and mandated organizations.
On February 2006, the Sons of Charity presented their plans to Bishop Antonio Tobias to shepherd the community of Immaculate Conception into a Parish stature. On June 17, 2007, the Immaculate Conception Sub-Parish was established as The Hearts of Jesus and Mary Parish with Fr. Gabriel Goullin, SC, as its first Parish Priest and Fr. Alvin Balean, SC as its Parochial Vicar. The feast day of the Parish is on the Sunday immediately after the feasts of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Fr. Alvin was replaced as Parish Administrator by Fr. Albert N. Delvo in June 2013.
Vicariate: Holy Spirit
Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Noel Elorde
Preceding Pastor/s: Rev. Fr. Hernando B. Batomalaque, Rev. Fr. Ferdinand C. Dulong
Date Established: June 17, 2007
Feast Day: Sunday immediately after Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Address: USAFFE Road , Veterans Village, Holy Spirit, 1127 Q.C.
Contact Number: 951.7023 (telefax)