The history of this parish began in the mid-1950’s when General Guillermo Francisco and Doña Amparo Francisco decided to construct a small chapel at the Francisco Compound in Amparo Village and named it St. Anthony of Padua Chapel. Back then, it was under the jurisdiction of the Parish of Our Lady of Mercy (presently the Diocesan Shrine & Parish of our Lady of Mercy) and then became a sub-parish under the Ascension of Lord Parish in Lagro, Quezon City during the 1970’s.
The Holy Cross Parish was entrusted to the Passionist Priests and the new name of the church was inspired by their congregation’s insignia: a cross above a heart. It was canonically established on December 28, 1982 with Rev. Fr. Raymond Puvino, C.P. as its first parish priest. Fr. Puvino later initiated the idea of constructing a bigger church and the Francisco Family donated a land which was located near the main gate of the village. His successor, Rev. Fr. Nonito Adorable C.P. led the laying of the first foundation of the church in 1985 as well as the formation of the (Parish) Pastoral Council, and the different ministries.
Then on February 14, 1983, the area stretching from Amparo Village to Bagong Silang was separated from the AOLP. When the Archdiocese of Manila issued a decree that separated the area of Bagong Silang from the parish, the Passionist Priests were assigned to take care of another new mission territory. Hence, Holy Cross was transferred to the care of the Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity (SOLT) with Rev. Fr. Thomas Gier, SOLT as parish priest on March 22, 1986.1 In the early part of the year 2000, the celebration of the parish fiesta was moved from the second Sunday of May to the 14th of September, the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross.
After 28 years of being under the guidance of the SOLT Priests, the parish was then turned over to the Diocese of Novaliches in June 2014 with the Most Rev. Antonio R. Tobias, D.D. assigning Rev. Fr. Albert N. Delvo as parish priest.
(Excerpts from “Holy Cross Parish: 35 Blessed Years”)
Vicariate: Holy Cross
Parish Priest: Rev. Fr. Rogelio Positar
Preceding Pastor: Rev. Fr. Albert N. Delvo
Date Established: December 28, 1982
Feast Day: September 14
Address: Mangga St. cor. Makabud St., Amparo Village, Novaliches 1425 C.C.
Contact Number: 939.4126