The Land and Housing Ministry becomes an important component in the work of evangelization as it is tasked to further understand, along with the BECs in the mission areas, the issues, needs and problems that confront the urban poor communities.
The Ministry works in close coordination with the Land and Housing Diocesan Commission:
- Creates a database of informal settlers in the parish and engages them in issue-based dialogues affecting their residency;
- Gathers information on the land and housing issues affecting the parish and seeks professional and legal guidance from partner agencies;
- Attends meetings, dialogues, and assemblies concerning land/housing rights and settlements;
- Provides spiritual guidance and counseling services to those affected by evictions;
- Advocates for quality housing and policies for the welfare of the poor;
Performs related tasks as the Parish Priest may assign.