The Ecology Ministry of the Social Action Commission raises awareness and addresses environmental issues in the parishes. It is concerned in promoting the Stewardship of Creation by encouraging the parishioners to rethink one’s actions and imminent impact on the environment.
It advocates for an alignment of policies, systems, and a parish’s way of life in ways that can preserve, enhance, and sustain life:
- Promotes the Stewardship of Creation as the preferred way of life in parishes;
- Forms and organizes champions for the environment at the parish level;
- Conducts awareness-raising programs on Zero Waste Management, Proper Segregation, and shares with the BECs the significant Church Social teachings such as Laudato Si;
- Recommends environment-friendly policies to the parish and to the Barangay;
- Initiates partnership with NGOs, LGUs, and other organizations;
- Performs related tasks as the Parish Priest may assign.