If Novaliches was not erased from the country’s map during the American regime in the early 1900s, perhaps Filipino historians would not have difficulty pinpointing the exact site of the First Cry of Revolution since the old maps existing during the 1896 Revolution and earlier show Pasong Tamo and Banlat as part of the then municipality of Novaliches.
Almost a century after Novaliches became a town in 1856, the American regime incorporated Novaliches into the new Municipality of Caloocan. More than half of Novaliches was later carved out of Caloocan when Quezon City was converted into the country’s capital in 1948. As a result, Novaliches now partly belongs to Quezon City and pairly to Caloocan City.
The locality of NovaIiches is among the largest in Metro Manila having shared boundaries with the two sections of Caloocan City, almost half of Quezon City, and some parts of Valenzuela City, San Jose del Monte City in Bulacan, and Montalban in Rizal.
Initially, the scope of Novaliches was up to its oldest part–a town center aptly named Novaliches Bayan. It’s scope was gradually extended to the edge of the La Mesa Reservoir (Lagro and Fairview) because of population growth.