PUBLIC AFFAIRS MINISTRY
IMPORTANT REMINDERS AND UPDATES:
“If You Want Peace, Work for Justice”
Pope Paul VI, Celebration of the World Day of Peace, January 1, 1972
A Note of Appreciation to all parishes who make the effort to organize their Public Affairs Ministry (PAM). Thank you for leading your flock from indifference, negativity, and hopelessness towards courage, hope, and concrete responsible actions with the potentials for change.
- PAM Organizing and Development: The Ministry began its Vicariate-hopping last year and resumed this May with orientations in Christ the King Vicariate (April 18) and Holy Spirit Vicariate (April 25). Up Next: Let us organize the PAM Orientations with Ina ng Lupang Pangako Vicariate (May 16), San Bartolome Vicariate, simultaneous with St. Peter Vicariate (May 23). Please get in touch with Maricar, Pastoral Secretary for details.
- Ugnayan ng Barangay at Simbahan (UBAS): Several parishes who partnered with Barangays in the Diocese have begun planning and implementing their UBAS engagements such as the Registry of Barangay Inhabitants or Profiling and Sagip Kabataan for youth and children in especially difficult circumstances. Based on PAM’s last regular meeting, volunteers shall seek to open partnerships with more barangays and parishes in the Diocese. Attachment: The UBAS MOA (from the Our Father Parish) which can be expanded based on the needs of the partnership.
- One Good Vote (OGV) — Voters’ Education: The Diocese served as lead writer of PPCRV’s Voters Education Module for Elections 2016. The Launching was held at Pope Pius Center last April 16. This shall be followed by a Trainor’s Training in NCR, North & South Luzon, Central & Western Visayas, and Mindanao. OGV is designed to cater to the youth and those living in the poorest communities. It shall utilize BECs or Bukluran, and a discernment tool to grade the candidates. Coming soon: OGV Training with other Ministries in all Vicariates.
- Huwag Kang Magnakaw Advocacy: Around 400 participants attended the Huwag Kang Magnakaw Advocacy session held last March 28 at the Parish Formation Center, Good Shepherd Cathedral Shrine. Advocacy shirts and few tarpaulins were distributed to the participants and shared with other Dioceses such as Manila, Caloocan, Cubao, and Pasig. Sustained: Huwag Kang Magnakaw is integrated in the Anti-Vote Buying and Selling campaign of OGV.
- PAM Youth Power— iVote General Assembly: The iVote Team of the Commission on Youth, a committed partner of PAM will hold a General Assembly on June 12, 1-5pm entitled, “Ako’y Tumugon sa Panawagan, Astig!” Venue will be announced. Request: Please support two (2) members of your PYM (16 years old and above) who wish to attend this GA. For further inquiries, please contact Ela at 09175468288.
- Mass Announcement for Voters Registration and Biometrics: We request our Parishes to kindly share this brief announcement at the conclusion of the Mass. This timely information is our public service announcement. You may also flash the slide along with the announcement. Please refer to the mass announcement and you may request Maricar to have the slides emailed to you..